Doily Wreath


When I needed decorations for the vintage themed baby shower I threw a few months back, I was looking for all things old-fashioned and ended up stumbling upon TONS of things made from doilies on Pinterest.

I found this Martha Stewart doily wreath, which I LOVED. But then, I realized with the special supplies it called for, it was going to cost me over $100. Yikes. No thanks. So with that vision, I continued to scour Pinterest for other similar ideas and I came across this much simpler doily wreath.


In the end, I came up with my own creation, somewhat in the middle of the two. I used the technique from the second one, but added a lot more doilies than it calls for, shoving them a lot closer together.
Instead of using a metal frame as suggested in that tutorial, I used a straw one. When I realized I needed to wrap it in something and hadn't prepared for that, I whipped out a white sheet and tore it into strips, all the while pretending I was a WW1 nurse, caring for sick officers at Downton Abbey.

With the help of a couple of friends, we wrapped the straw wreath frame and proceeded to take a couple of hours of scrunching and hot gluing doilies. I recommend doing this with the friend for the entertainment alone.

When it was done, I used a bit more of the ripped sheet to make a bow to hang it from my picture rail.

Ta-Da! Doily Wreath success!

3 comments

  1. This is such a beautiful Wreath.Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. O I love this! Such a wonderful idea using doilies.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete