Celebration of a Life Well Lived

“When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it is over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.”
― Excerpt from Mary Oliver's "When Death Comes"

My grandpa Mel recently passed away after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease. This week we took the time to celebrate his life and lay him to rest. I wanted to share this wonderful video of his life that my brother Ryan put together. As Mary Oliver so eloquently writes above, my grandpa didn't simply visit this world, he made a lasting positive impact on all those he came into contact with. We will miss him dearly...



1 comment

  1. A great man and grandpa is definitely seen in this remembrance, Teresa.

    ReplyDelete