Farmer Teresa?

Do you ever dream about starting a life totally different than the one you have right now? Patrick and I are definitely city people, we love the hustle and bustle of being in the middle of town and the convenience of living near great restaurants, shops, culture and people. We don’t really know how to survive in the wilderness (despite many episodes of Bear Grylls: Man vs. Wild on my part). All that to say, we don’t spend much time in the “great outdoors” (I took him camping for the first time in his life four years ago!).

Buuut... sometimes I dream about moving to the country, living on a working farm, growing my own food, and having chickens, goats, dogs, pigs, and lots of rescued cats. I grew up spending a lot of time outside and would love for my kids to be able to run free someday and not be confined by the city. I was surfing the internet the other day and came across this fabulous farmhouse out on Bainbridge Island...how cool is it?!

I also stumbled upon this website about some local folks who raise goats and make award-winning goat cheese-- looks like fun, right?!  

But.... maybe I should start a little smaller by growing some herbs or making my own mozzarella this summer...

No comments