Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes

My mouth is watering as I write this. I made these yesterday and now they are all gone and I am sad. 
Teresa's mom, Julie, found this recipe for Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes on pinterest last fall, and they quickly became a favorite. 

I've adjusted the recipe a bit just a bit, using more pumpkin, more spices and less oil. Here's what I made last night. 

Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes

1 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk


Coat in:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350. Grease mini muffin tin. I use coconut oil. 

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl mix the coconut oil (I had to heat mine up so it was liquid), with the pumpkin, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it's just incorporated. 

Put about 1 tablespoon of batter in each mini muffin cup. Should make 36. Or if you're me, make 24 slightly bigger ones.  Bake for 10-14 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out clean. 

While it's baking, melt the butter and mix up the cinnamon and sugar to coat them in. 

When they've cooled a few minutes so you're able to touch them. Dip in the butter then roll n the cinnamon sugar mixture and there you go!

1 comment