Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with String

Last Christmas,  I thought it would be fun to wrap all of my Christmas presents in brown paper and tie them with string. I'm a huge dork and The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies. Although I never really understood who decided that song was a Christmas song...

I was astonished at how practically everyone who walked through my door got my little joke. Although, to be honest, my "string" was actually yarn, there were some yarn pompoms involved too. I also used strips of white fabric I had on hand for bows.

Jason took photos of me being a creepy elf and putting out the packages. Please note the cat in the bottom of the photo. You can't see his face, but I promise he's looking at me like I'm a crazy person. My cat thinks I'm a weirdo.  



Then I took an elf nap under the tree. This was supposed to be a joke for the photo, but I'm pretty sure I actually fell asleep. It was just so cozy and Christmasy. 

I just got some pretty new string and am getting ready to wrap some more brown paper packages tied up with string to put under my tree this year. Now it actually does make my list of favorite things!







1 comment