Soup of the Week: Carrot Soup



8 servings
from Alice Waters, The Art of Simple Cooking
Melt in a heavy-bottomed pot:

4 tbl (1/2 stick) butter

Add:
2 onions,s liced
1 thyme sprig


Cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Add:

2.5 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced (about 6 cups)
Season with salt

Cook for 5 minutes. cooking the carrots with the onions for a while builds flavor. Add:

6 cups broth
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. When done, season with salt to taste, and puree if desired.

2 comments

  1. Last time I made carrot soup it turned out really oily, did you have that problem? Perhaps I should try THIS recipe for better results :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have that problem at all. Maybe because I pureed mine. It all blended wonderfully and the whole thing was super quick and easy to make. I definitely recommend trying it!

      Delete