Spring Cleaning


After a few months of travel, shooting a music video and well, hoarding it seems, if you look in my closets and guest room, I've decided spring cleaning MUST happen this year. The idea of it is incredibly overwhelming, especially since we've still got another big trip on the horizon as well as some important deadlines and piles of work looming over our heads. But, it's officially gotten to the point where I KNOW I'll be more productive with a clean house and office. 

I so wish I could snap my fingers like Mary Poppins and have everything go back into place! Unfortunately, my biggest problem is organization, so many things don't have places that they belong. 

Here are a few interesting links with inspiration and advice I've found...

Martha Stewart's Spring Clean Checklist (if the idea of dusting refrigerator coils seems intimidating and/or unnecessary, this might not be the list for you)


Make money off  your "junk" (it is after all another man's treasure!)





Do you have any amazing tips for cleaning and organization? Send them my way! 

I hope to keep posting on this topic as I go. If nothing else, it'll be a way to encourage me to keep going! Hopefully what I learn will be helpful to you too. 




5 comments

  1. Call a friend to help you. I think it's easier to clean someone elses house than your own. My friend, Teresa (not the blog Teresa) came and visited me when I lived in Eastern Washington and we spent a day reorganizing my house and getting rid of clutter. She had new ideas of where to put things and it was actually fun to do it together instead of a chore for me. This is one project that does usually go faster and is more enjoyable with two people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good idea! My sister and I used to swap bedrooms and clean each others when we were growing up. It really is a lot more fun to put other people's stuff away!

      Delete
  2. My husband and I are doing a spring cleaning this weekend, trying to clear out some more space for baby! This is the perfect post for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! I just read your post. I hope it's going well. I've yet to get started but it was motivating to see that I'm not the only one out there in need of some reorganizing.

      Delete
  3. When you need some cleaning work for your house or your official spaces at that time you can go to the maid agency but make sure that one is the popular and very good with their services. Because only good maid agency can provide you the best maid services by providing you all highly experienced and professional maids.

    ReplyDelete