Seattle Spotlight: Cantinetta






As I mentioned, Patrick and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary last Friday. This was actually the first year since we were married in Tacoma that we've spent the day in Washington State. Our first anniversary was in Florida, then South Africa, Dublin, Oregon wine country and now finally WA! I'm 36 weeks pregnant so it wasn't really an option to go far away this year, and I felt like a weekend away would be too much for me at this point (not to mention we're trying to save for the baby).















So we opted for a low key evening in our own Seattle neighborhood, Wallingford. We walked a block from our house to one of our favorite local restaurants, Cantinetta.  We lucked out with gorgeous weather and were able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and peekaboo views of Lake Union.  I know this sounds silly and cliche, but I felt like I was actually transported to Europe or something. We ordered a half a dozen small plates (melon and prosciutto, freshly made sausage, spinach gnocchi, green beans and burrata, etc). Everything was freshly made, summery and delicious. I can't recommend this place enough, just make sure to get there early or plan to wait, they don't take reservations for parties under six.


No comments