A New Chapter

Confession: I have not read a single novel since Myles was born nearly six months ago. This is very unusual for me since I love fiction but I'm sad to say I've spent much more time watching TV and movies than reading. But now that I'm less sleep deprived, Myles is in a normal napping/sleeping pattern, and the winter dreary's have set in I've decided to start reading again! First book up is Gone Girl, I'm sure many of you have read it, about 10 people have recommended it to me. And I need to read it before the movie with Ben Affleck comes out!

Have any other recommendations for me? It needs to be a page turner so I can stay awake (just being honest!). 

PS. 16 books to read before the movies come out in 2014!


(Image above of Leslie Caron reading in her dressing room in 1951 during the filming of ‘The Man with a Cloak’ from this fabulous Tumblr: Awesome People Reading)

2 comments

  1. The Circle, by Dave Eggers. Fascinating novel, and I thought it was important commentary about the future of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone Girl is a quick read, it's that gripping! I read "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed, it's pretty good, and Reese Witherspoon is starring in the movie version this August.

    ReplyDelete