My New Favorite Podcast


Serial opened me up to the world of podcasts, and looking for another Serial-like show has opened my eyes to a variety of podcasts, some to be honest, are terrible, but then there are some real gems out there. I  happened upon Stuff You Missed in History Class a few weeks ago and I can't stop listening. It's not at all like Serial, but incredibly entertaining none the less.

 Basically, I feel like I'm hanging out with my two really smart friends who are telling me interesting stories, but from time to time also mentioning their love of cats and tea. I mean, the name sort of gives it away, each week Holly and Tracy tackle a little known topic in history, like Maria Tallchief, who is pictured above, the first American Prima Ballerina.

I've been listening to these running, while at the grocery store, on airplanes and most recently while driving around the Phoenix area this week picking up obscure audio cables and other odds and ends for the project we're working on. (Here's a peek!) Anyhow, these are a few of my favorite episodes so far...

Laura Ingalls Wilder 

Disney's Haunted Mansion and the very long creative process of bringing it to life.

Sarah Emma Edmonds, a woman who disguised herself as a man to act as a Civil War spy.

The Ghost Army of WWII, really, I had no idea this existed.

A History of Cheese! 


1 comment