Seattle Spotlight: Antiquing

Big Daddy Antiques
So I've been on a quest to find some new furniture for my house that's not insanely expensive and is somewhat original. Enter: antiquing. I've gone with a mid-century/industrial/boho look (sort of) with the new place so I'm aiming for an eclectic mix of pieces that somehow create a cohesive vibe. Seattle has some fun spots that I hadn't ever been to, makes a fun day if you're on the hunt for unique stuff!

Here are a few I went to:


Homestead Seattle: LOVE this little store on Capital Hill. Particularly love their selection of amazing vintage rugs. Check it out.


Big Daddy: HUGE warehouse of awesome and eclectic furniture.  Some of it is a bit out of my price range but it's worth going in just for a fun experience scouting different styles and chatting with their awesome staff/owners.



Georgetown Antiques: There is a whole strip of antique furniture stores in Georgetown that are so fun to check out. Kirk Albert and Susan Wheeler Home are both out of my price range but oh so fun to walk through. District Georgetown had some pieces that sparked my interest!


Ballard Consignment: Love this huge consignment furniture store in Ballard. I found the most pieces here that I could afford and would look great in my place. Headed back this weekend to pick up a sideboard!

Happy Shopping Seattle!


2 comments

  1. good to know! I am in the market for a vintage rug, will have to check that shop out. thanks for tips!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle! District in Georgetown has auctions once a month. I went once and came home w/3 amazing rugs for way less than I would have paid if they'd even just been in the store. The bad thing about auctions, I also bought a Chinese horse marionette, and a few other things I probably didn't exactly need. It's just so much fun to bid on things!

      Delete